As we continue to welcome new members of The Church of Dim, so reflects the growth and evolution of our Beliefs.
1) Our God is the genus, Protozoa (praise be). Whether it is many Gods or one God in many forms, is simply “The Eternal Question.”
2) We believe human beings (homo exploitus) to be inferior to all other life in the universe, due to our selfish, arrogant, and destructive nature.
3) Every Tuesday is ‘Taco Tuesday.’
4) Every week of the year shall have an official and recognized holiday, giving our followers many days off to worship amoebas and shit.
5) Tithing is only 8%, a significant discount from other religions of false gods. Until we find away to exploit this influx of cash, however, followers are encouraged to spend 8% of their earnings on wildly inappropriate goods and services. Using CoD tithing for practical purposes is considered a sin against Mother Protozoa.
6) We believe in the “Final Cleansing,” wherein humans will eventually devolve to the point that other species start leading the food chain. Such as, but not limited to, giant razor hawks, flame-throwing bears, flying rabid rhesus monkeys, and super-intelligent squirrels with slightly ill-mannered dispositions.
7) When you die and Mother Protozoa starts consuming you, it is you who becomes part of the Great Mother. That’s right, badasses, YOU become God. That is truly the dope shit. Verily.
8) The Church of Dim’s heaven has 888 levels – because no one wants to be in a place of eternal happiness if you’re sitting next to Aunt Bertha the whole fucking time, amiright?
These beliefs, known as the “Enlightened Eight,” will be forever inscribed in our hearts… until we make inevitable changes to them. Then we’ll just come up with some other awesome name for them.
Go now, children of Dim, and gather others to our new faith. You are on the ground floor of something special.
Mother Protozoa be with ye.